Pizza Dough Recipe
(makes 4 personal pizzas)
3 cups white flour
1 tsp fine sea salt
1.5 tsp active dried yeast
1 tsp raw sugar
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup lukewarm water
- Measure flour + sugar + yeast + salt into mixing bowl and mix
- Drizzle oil in and mix again to ensure even distribution
- Slowly add in water in 3 phases
- If using a mixer, use dough hook attachment and turn on mixer to “2” and slowly add the water until incorporated. Continue mixing until dough is smooth and elastic (about 10 min)
- If kneading by hand, remove from bowl once all water is added and knead for 10-15 minutes with the palm of hand until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Add more water or flour as needed to ensure ideal consistency.
- Place into lightly oiled bowl and cover for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- After doubled in size, remove dough from container and remove air from dough by pressing down on dough
- Divide dough into 4 balls of equal size.
- Place in container, cover, and leave in refrigerator overnight
- The next day, remove dough from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- When ready to use, preheat oven to highest temperature possible. If using a pizza stone, place in oven at this time as well.
- Generously flour a smooth, flat surface like a pizza peel or cutting board. Otherwise work directly on pizza pan or sheet pan.
- Without any additional kneading, gently stretch out on ball of dough into circular shape, letting gravity do most of the work
- Lay dough down on board and continue to press into ½” thickness with fingertips into the desired shape.
- Working quickly, add toppings like tomato sauce, cheese, and vegetables. It is important that the dough does not stick on the surface and can slide around easily.
- If using a pizza stone, slide pizza onto pizza stone in one swift forward motion. Otherwise put pizza in oven.
- Bake for at least 10 minutes with pizza stone, or more with pizza pan, until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.