- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained (1.5 cups uncooked chickpeas) (2 cans of chickpeas)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup tahini
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp or more salt to taste
- Sumac, paprika, olive oil as topping
- OPTIONAL: For a very smooth hummus, add chickpeas to hot water with 1 tsp baking soda, stir, and let sit for a minute or so. Run under water a handful at a time to remove skins
- Add chickpeas to food processor with garlic and pulse until smooth, powdery paste forms.
- With food processor still running, add in ice cubes, tahini, lemon juice, and salt until fully incorporated and a smooth, creamy paste is formed.
- If too thick, add in a small amount of hot water if needed. If not salty enough, add more to taste.
- Spoon out into a bowl, making a small well in the middle.
- Drizzle in olive oil and top with sumac and paprika if desired.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.